RULES FOR COMPETITION
The league will be a divisional structure depending on the number of clubs taking part.
- There will be promotion or demotion if there are two or more divisions.
Division winners will receive a team trophy.
- Where possible tracks to be used to minimise travel for clubs in division
- Clubs must provide 1 track judge, 1 timekeeper and a field team (minimum of 4 and at least 1 must be qualified)
- Each club may have 2 athletes per event.
- Match point scoring will be as follows:
PREMIER & DIVISION 1: 8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1.
League Points: 1st = 4 – 2nd = 3 – 3rd = 2 – 4th = 1
DIVISION 2 (5 CLUBS): 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1.
League Points: 1st = 5 – 2nd = 4 – 3rd = 3 – 4th = 2 – 5th = 1
- The team with the highest number of league points after four matches will be division winners.
Top 1 promoted and Bottom 1 demoted (see rule 2)
- All events to be held under UKA / League rules.
- Age groups as at midnight on August 31st in the competition year.
- Official club colours must be worn. Athletes must compete in their own age group only.
- All athletes may compete in a maximum of 3 events plus 1 relay or 2 events plus 2 relays.
- Personal Individual Numbers will be issued to all athletes.
Numbers must be worn as issued.
- If any clubs are equal on league points after the completion of all 4 matches, the club with the most points after 3 matches will be deemed the higher.
- Under 13 & under 15 athletes must not compete in two events of 800m and above in one competition day.
- ANY ATHLETE INFRINGING THE RULES WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE RESULTS
- The officers of the league shall have the final say on any disputes or infringement of the rules their decision will be final.